access’ offering are unique insofar as they offer the following features:
New Asset Classes – Our offerings bring to the market assets that have not been previously offered (or have been offered only a very limited basis) for purchase by investors in the investor classes targeted
by access. These assets are (or will be) in a diverse range of industries, including:
- Transportation (aircraft, railcars, trucking, maritime and intermodal containers)
- Royalties (pharma, sports team merchandise and music catalogues)
Discrete Assets – As compared to offerings in many other funds, access’ offerings are in respect of discrete and identified assets, not some general pool over which an investor has no control. With this
type of investment, an investor can make an informed decision on its investment.
Vertical Partners – access has teamed up with best-in-class organizations to source, service and provide end-of-investment disposition services. These partnerships allow access:
- To source the best deals that have been vetted by industry experts.
- To have industry experts oversee a transaction as it progresses and provide insights into counter-party and industry risks no otherwise available.
- To have industry experts manage the return of the asset, deal with end-of-lease adjustments and market the asset for disposition (sale or re-lease).
Diversification – As between the New Asset Classes and Discrete Assets described above, access provides an investor the ability to not only diversify that investor’s portfolio with alternative investments
away from stocks and bonds, but also diversify among different asset classes of alternative investments and different credits, transaction tenors, yields, risks and asset types of the same and different asset
Fee Structure – In contrast to many other platforms offering real estate and other investments in alternative assets, our fee structure is transparent and simple. access will typically charge only the following types of fees:
- An upfront administration fee
- An asset-under-management fee (only in respect of the equity investments of our investors – not the purchase price of the actual assets);
- A carried interest return on the upside of an asset following its disposition, but only after the investors have cleared a specified preferred return.
Subscription – Once we have completed our web-based platform (expected to be available to the public in [fourth quarter 2022]), the process for subscribing to an investment offered by us will as simple
and efficient as possible. [The platform will employ “smart” and automated functionality, allowing for a painless exercise in the subscription process.]
Democratization – The types of alternative investments offered by access have not generally been available to investors in the investor classes targeted by access. Investments that had previously been only available to institutional investors and certain very high net worth individuals and family offices are now to be available to accredited investors of all types.